Saturday, December 5, 2015

Lane is 4- Cue the Confetti!

Evite's "Design Your Own" option inspired me to design my own evite:

It was so cute that it inspired me to print my own similarly-designed invitations:

But I wanted to add a little more pizazz, so I googled some images to use. Well, the confetti available online just wasn't good enough for me....

So I spent 4 or 5 hours (I was home sick) designing my own confetti. It was amazing. I made it of little dots and tiny stars. Recall my orange-dot wedding cake; I like dots a LOT.

The Final Draft:
I think my first foray into graphic design turned out well. I used Google Drawing. On the printed copy itself, the border didn't print well, and my husband blamed Google Drawing.  I'm a big fan of the Google Universe, so I'm ok with a bit of blotchy border.

Maybe I'll design my own Christmas cards...

No comments:

Post a Comment